His voice like smooth stone
The way water follows
its predestined course
We go walking on the headlands
trying to find the summit
We go walking on the headlands
trying to find the summit
for the heart is always
hovering like a hawk
I didn't know I loved the way
February 15, 1995
The trouble with unrequited lust
February 15, 1995
With careful steps anyone can find
Hunter's eye seek small clues
in the grass.
15 February 1995
I didn't know I loved the way
his eyes repeated the color
of weathered stone.
Or how, unlike stone, they soften
Or how, unlike stone, they soften
into the clouds when he smiles.
Or the way his son's eyes
are summer skies.
Sometimes I see
how the division begins
are summer skies.
Sometimes I see
how the division begins
in darkness when we
pull our hearts in from old pastures.
I'm afraid of the eventual loss
I'm afraid of the eventual loss
that always comes.
Sometimes I think too,
that my heart is something
I can protect, but like with death,
it cannot be saved.
February 15, 1995
The trouble with unrequited lust
under a full Valentine's Day moon
is that one is liable to develop
carpal tunnels syndrome in both wrists.
February 15, 1995
With careful steps anyone can find
the center of the heart.
Waves keep crashing against the rocks;
Waves keep crashing against the rocks;
disturbed swallows rise like dark clouds
before the storm, making me believe
the heart is always hard to approach.
No comments:
Post a Comment