Sunday, May 21, 2017

Deadlines


A Day in the Life of a Teaching Poet: Alexander Valley School Poetry Journal notes.

After two action-packed weeks of teaching at Alexander Valley School, and creating a 72-page 8x10 kid poetry and art book, with a grand finale/ reading (usually it's earlier in the year) for Open House, I'm knackered.

Then I submitted some kid poems for publication, and read 260 kid poems from across the state of CA as a CPITS field editor, I'm reeling and gritty-eyed.

Woke at 4 AM....thinking OMG! I gotta work. Deadlines. Deadlines. Then I realized it was over. Next? So, I edited a backlog of photos from the Las Vegas Games.

Too bad I'm not going to Costa Mesa Games, Neil had a fallout while I was gone. I'm now the enemy. Threats of eviction...again. Happens in the Spring. This time I'll not let it get to me. Nose to the grindstone, begin dismantling the house. Purge. Another deadline.

No comments: