Friday, April 1, 2016

April Poetry Month prompts...


Get your hot off the press red-hot poetry prompts here:

NaPoWriMo 2016

NaHaiWriMo and Haiku writing prompts  OK, I admit I'm guilty of counting syllables, I know Japanese haiku isn't syllabic. See The Discipline of Haiku

2016 April PAD Challenge

The Poetry School

Poetry Prompts

Facebook search for poetry prompt sites

If you're on Facebook, check out Molly Fisk - Poet. She often posts random prompts there on her own page, too.
Molly Fisk's ongoing poetry bootcamps require a secret handshake and small fee to join their Nicenet group.

Check out Poets.org too! A poem a day will be sent to your email box and you can use that poem as a starting point.

Or cannibalize old writing prompts from previous years! I often combine prompts until I find one that juices me. I also collect prompts from other sites in a folder and let them surface in random order.

I have lots of prompts posted in my blog and I've tried to link them, but not always. See writing prompts 



NaPoWriMo Prompts 2010 (not used)  Apr 

No comments: