Thursday, February 25, 2016

Trackpad Woes


I'm so thrilled to have my laptop trackpad working again, thanks to Apple Bar Genius, Jax. The senile trackpad was having a secret inner life of its own, spontaneously loading web pages, ordering things from Amazon, and executing all manner of odd right mouse click commands, from lassoing everything on the desktop, highlighting everything on web pages, to spontaneous trash runs.

Everything was confounded and compounded by no working right or left click bar (button) as well. It's fixed. Done. No more hammering on my trackpad with fist to get it to let go of the lassoed folders. No more ghost in the machine. No more secret life of Walter Mitty.

Sure, I need a new trackpad, and yes, we tried to adjust it several times over. I even took the little adjustment screw all the way out at one point. Nothing worked. I had to turn on the advanced tap click option when the clicker failed completely. There are some things you can't do if you don't have a clicker. Like choose which user you are upon restart. Or lasso and drag text on some webpages. Needless to say, I had many strange workarounds. But now it clicks like a champ.

A friend asked what my trackbad was buying. Mostly ebooks. It made a valiant attempt at some computer electronics cables. I was able to thwart it. But I was smacking it around, slugging the keyboard with my fist, trying to stop it, and it kept on spending. The ebooks were supposed to be samples...imagine my surprise when I found out that I bought them for real. One-click buying is lethal when your trackpad's gone clean mad. I managed to either cancel or return them all. Some web pages and ads are still spontaneously loading but I can live with that.




first draft
So thrilled to have my trackpad working again, thanks to Apple bar genius, Jax. The senile trackpad was having a secret inner life of its own, spontaneously loading web pages, ordering things from Amazon, and executing all manner of odd right mouse click commands, from lassoing everything on the desktop, highlighting everything on web pages, to spontaneous trash runs. Confounded and compounded by no click bar as well. Fixed. Done. No more hammering on my trackpad with fist to get it to let go of the lassoed folders. No more ghost in the machine. No more secret life of Walter Mitty.

Mostly ebooks. A valiant attempt at some computer electronics cables. I was smacking it around, slugging it with my fist, trying to stop it, and it kept on spending. The ebooks were supposed to be samples...imagine my surprise when I found out that I bought them. One-click buying is lethal. I managed to return them all. New web pages are still spontaneously loading but I can live with that. 

No comments: