Sunday, December 6, 2015

Walk through the British Museum using Google Street View


When I went to the British Museum more than a half lifetime ago, I got lost in the bowels, somewhere between the Roman coins and the Elgin marbles, and lost all track of time. I had to run through the rest of the museum before it closed. I streaked by Peter Paul Rubens. All those fleshy apparitions.
But now using Google Street View you can  Walk through the British Museum without going to London
I spent hours virtually wandering these halls. Luckily I had the presence of mind to save the URLs. I've made some pitstops below. It's super easy to get lost via Google Street View. 

Ireland & Celtic Europe, where I spent most of my time in the Museum, but it was dark, not like this wonderfulk well-lit display.


Bronze Age Ireland exhibit, horse gear, bronze cauldron, torcs, fibulae. Unfortunately mane of the cases are empty, at the Celtic exhibit.
Torcs galore. Snettisham hoard. Unfortunately mane of the cases are empty, at the Celtic exhibit.

No comments: