Tuesday, August 11, 2015

DETRITUS OF THE PAST



DETRITUS OF THE PAST

An abrupt move forced my hand.
As I packed my bags to go,
this time I thought, for good,

I assumed if I stayed still as a stone,
it would be a figment of my imagination,
perhaps a bad dream on a clement shore.

What was revealed
was the forgotten detritus of the past.
This galvanized me into verb.

I am only just now surfacing,
madly documenting whatever I can,
in a haphazard manner, scanning
my life, such as it was.

Then unpacking my bags
again. Clemency granted.
Such as it is.

8/15/2015



I am just now surfacing to this one....
I thought if I stayed still as a stone,
it would be a figment, a bad dream...
tend to galvanize me into verb.

A rather abrupt forced move revealed forgotten detritus from the past.
I'm madly scanning whatever I can,
documenting it in a rather haphazard manner, my life, as it was.


No comments: