Monday, February 3, 2014

physical therapy



I started post knee surgery physical therapy today. I even rode the stationery bike. It took a while before I could tear the scar tissue enough to get a full rotation on the pedal. Poco a poco. Having surgery is better than coping with knee injuries. Some people advised me not to get surgery but the injury was significant so I'm glad I did it. I had torn meniscus on both sides of my knee, and some gnarly cartilage behind my patella was removed. Cortisone shot really made the last few months bearable, it lubricated the knee joint, and gave me much more mobility. But it was merely a bandage. I'm still pretty limited in terms of mobility, and am easily tired. But at least I'm off the post-op pain killers—blasted pills nearly killed me. But there's hope at the end of the tunnel. Maybe even dance again. Now workman's comp has denied physical therapy treatment as well. so sick of this kneejerk (pardon the pun) stupidity. I'm not used to being so wimpy, or getting nauseous from pain. But hey, if Rita Moreno can twirl again after two hip surgeries, well, then, so can I. 

February 3, 2014 

No comments: