Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Knee after acupuncture


Knee elevated, and iced after acupuncture. Oww. Did he have to stab the top of my head too? I have needle welts. $2.5 buck Chuck still not working. OK, Advil, it is. 

Saw the ortho surgeon Fri. Two meniscus tears! On the waitlist for a double surgery. You can't heal torn menisci. Mine's torn on both sides of the knee.

In anatomy, a meniscus (from Greekμηνίσκοςmeniskos, "crescent"[1]) is a crescent-shaped fibrocartilaginous structure that, in contrast to articular disks, only partly divides a joint cavity.[2] In humans it is present in the knee, acromioclavicular, sternoclavicular, and temporomandibular joints;[3]...
en.wikipedia.org

No dancing for me. I have a stylish color-coordinated kinesio tape-job today: black and magenta. Matches my dress. I have turquoise too. Kinesio tape really works, supports the knee, yet is non-restrictive.

Want chocolate. It's all baby steps. I take the stairs one step at a time! One at a time. Try the half-step one-legged shuffle. 

Advil & chocolate. Feel better now.

Well well well, that danged needle upside the head (and elsewhere) actually worked. My knee was not in dire pain at 4 AM. I actually slept through the night. Acupuncturist stuck needles in my left foot, inside knee, right arm and ear, and on the crown of my head. I looked like a weird radio antenna tower. Acupuncture has never worked on me in the past. I'm the incorrigible one. But when things work, they really work.

Now, acupressure has always worked on me. But needles, not. I've been stabbed so much I might as well be a virtual pincushion.


No comments: