Saturday, April 3, 2010

PARTLY CAT


Partly because the cats refuse to settle in for a nap
partly because there's cat fur on the keyboards
(am I ever glad that I bought that keyboard condom)
& partly because a fruit fly, in love with my laptop screensaver
is crawling over my every word, I'm partly at a loss for words.
Ok, I admit, so I didn't strike when the iron was hot
& that afternoon chocolate partly clouded my judgement
& the kitchen faucet is singing a sleepy water song
& cat # 2 is on my lap
but the laptop battery is heading into the red,
still no poem, partly because ...



APRIL PAD—Partly...
OK, I'm resisting, here...

1 comment:

Johnsie Noel said...

"(am I ever glad that I bought that keyboard condom)
and partly because a fruit fly, in love with my laptop screen
and is crawling over my every word"

I am partly in love wih every line you wrote in here...especially the ones above. Are you partly stuck or partly started? Please tell me you have a fruit basket as a screensaver that is a-muse-ing to the fly. Do I smell a budding romance? Oh, golly...sorry. I am exhausted and punchy. I saw your tweet about being stuck, partly. But I think you've got something working here.